Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Look!

I tried out one of the new templates from Blogger. What do you think? I was happy that I could find one that had a sun theme to keep with the name of the blog. It's not too bad. I'm sure I'll tweak it some more, but I don't have too much time. Jenn is already checking on me, making sure I get off the computer to get the kids in the shower while she's gone.

Speaking of Jenn, she and her friend Suzanne started a new blog about their adventures in training for a marathon. Jenn is training for the Chicago Marathon and Suzanne is running in the San Francisco Marathon, which makes sense since she lives there. Go check it out, tell them I sent you. This is Suzanne's first blog so make sure to tell her I said to say 'Hi.'

I've been a bad blogger lately, I know. It's been a busy time, as far as you know. I did take my first photography lesson this week. It was a three hour one-on-one session. I learned a lot about the basics of photography and how to make the camera do what I want it to do. When I get a chance to take another lesson I want to learn more about composition and stuff like that. But, this was the perfect start. I took the lesson from Russell Lowe who is a local professional photographer. He knows more about this than I can ever hope to, but he was good at making it easy for me to understand. If you are in the Chicago suburban area I highly recommend him for lessons or photography.

Okay, I really need to get the kids, and myself, cleaned up. Enjoy the last bit of the weekend!

4 comments:

J.C. Montgomery said...

Nice, clean, love the colors!

Mike said...

Thanks! It still needs some minor tweaks, but I was not a fan of the old style that I had.

fdtate said...

A nice look!

Florinda said...

Oh, I like the new look! And it's cool that you're taking photography lessons. My husband mentions wanting to do that every now and then - too bad we're nowhere near Chicago!