Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This is how you make cooking eggs seem creepy

Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration. But, watch the video first. Watch how the eggs slowly slip out of the top of the machine. Then we'll talk.






Okay, does it not remind you of some creepy X-Files episode where the stuff slowly comes to life and take over your brain or something?

Beyond that, this is one of those classic making-whatever-is-too-hard-so-use-this-dumb-gadget commercial. Yes, if you flip your eggs over from about two feet off the pan the yolks will break. But, if you are not a complete moron, you won't do that. Also, that pan is obviously a non-stick pan, why are the eggs sticking? Are they even trying? I don't think so.

With the way this cooks the only kind of eggs you can make are essentially hard-boiled or omelets, so I don't know why they compare it to an over-easy egg. Besides that, I imagine the outside of this thing will get pretty messy, right? Does the outside clean well?

I'm sure you can make some tasty omelet like things in here, just add some cheese and bacon, (pre-cooked I assume since I don't this will fully cook the bacon) and you get a tiny omelet. It looks like two eggs is about the max this thing will hold, so I hope that is all you make in your omelet.

I think the basic idea isn't really bad here. I think I'm just getting tired of the commercials that make everybody look like complete idiots. You have an idea on how to make eggs easier? That's great. Show me what it does and why it's a good idea. Maybe then people will not assume your product is some crappy gimmick.

I think I've been watching too much Shark Tank.



No comments: