Friday, June 11, 2010

Random thoughts on a Friday


I'm working the midnight shift this week so my brain is a little more mushy than usual. So instead of thinking up a real post, I just want talk about some random subjects.

I know I tweeted about this last week, but this drummer cracks me up. I can't stop thinking about it. I laughed hard when I first saw it, and I still laugh. This guy is awesome.




I know it is a little early to laugh about this tragedy, but I like this spoof on the BP oil spill and (lack of) clean up effort .





On the topic of BP, turns out that the magnitude of the spill so far was off by a magnitude of two. That doesn't sound so bad, until you realize the initial estimate was nearly 50 million gallons. They are talking about BP going bankrupt because of this. Good. Their gas prices were always higher than everyone else around here anyway.

I really like the new iPhone. I can't get it right now, unless I want to pay 400 bucks for it, but Jenn is able to upgrade when it comes out. That is her late Mother's Day gift. She really needs a phone though, she gets text messages a day late and her phone turns off by itself throughout the day. I may play with it a little bit though. You know, just to make sure she has it set up right.


I just saw a preview for the Battlestar Galactica MMO. Looks interesting. It just might be something I check out when it comes online. It was a great show and seems like a cool universe to play around in.



Speaking of games, Team Fortress 2 is now available for Mac on Steam. I've heard a lot about this game and I'm excited to play it. I played around with it a little bit yesterday to get a feel for it, I'll probably play more next week while Jenn is out of town. It's the perfect thing to do on a summer night when the kids area asleep and there is nothing on TV. Is anyone else on Steam? Let me know your handle.

I think that is all I have for now. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Mike Sullivan said...

The BP video.... the best!