Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear State of Illinois Lawmakers

(Warning. Some strong language ahead, hide your children's eyes.)

Let me start by saying Fuck You. Yeah, you heard me. I'm not the only one saying it, believe me.

In case you haven't heard, Illinois just jacked up the personal tax rate by 2 percent overnight. Yep, you read that right, overnight. They were like teenagers sneaking out of the house to go to a party that they we forbidden to go to. Why did they do it in the middle of the night? They had no choice. This was a lame duck session and many new Republicans were going to come in and the Democrats would not have the votes to pass this after today. Nice, huh?

Now, I'm not an idiot. I know our state has fiscal problems, many do, but I also don't think that we taxpayers created all these problems. Actually, we probably created none of them. Sure, you can blame Blagojevich for the mess he made, but he wasn't there the last year-and-a-half or so. Also, he definitely wasn't there last night when you guys were all hiding under your covers with flashlights voting in the increases when you should have been asleep.

Not only our the people getting screwed over, but the corporate tax rate is going up about 2 percent as well. Yes, this is a real good time to charge companies more taxes. It's not like we have a joblessness problem or anything. Hell, the governor of Wisconsin is already out there saying, "Come to Wisconsin. We won't screw you." (No, he didn't actually say that. But it certainly was implied.)

So, basically they have jacked up all the taxes and pretty much have said nothing about what they are doing to cut spending. Thanks, guys!

Oh, and get this. Not only did they do this under the cover of night, they also have made it retroactive to January first. That's like kicking a guy in the balls after you have already knocked him unconscious. Dicks.

The funny thing about all this, I generally consider myself a Democrat.

Okay, I need a drink.





3 comments:

Carrie#K said...

Really, Mike, they probably needed raises. Our governor is going to take away their cellphones.

Mike said...

Carrie: True, I'm sure they do.

I saw that about California. I hope your new governor can fix things there.

Carrie#K said...

Ha. He'd have a better chance of herding cats. Or nine year olds.