Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Let's all enjoy our made up holiday! Basically today is an excuse to eat candy. At least that is how I look at it. Well, more of an excuse anyway.

Back when I was a kid this would be a day where my mom would make us kids a regular dinner, like meatloaf, then her and my stepdad would have lobster or something else expensive. I didn't feel cheated though. I'm not a seafood fan. Of course, looking back on it, maybe that is the reason I don't like seafood. Maybe my parents put the seed in my head that I don't like it so I wouldn't ask for it. I fell for their Jedi mind trick!

Anyway, Jenn and I are doing exactly the same thing. The kids get some lousy pasta and we are having something a little more expensive. What exactly we are going to eat is still up for debate, however. We have a real problem deciding on food for some reason. As long as it's not lobster, I'm okay with it.

Happy Valentine's Day. Have some candy on me.

No comments: