Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So...it's been six days, huh?


I guess I've been a slacker this week. And, well, last week, too. But, I'm back now. Isn't that all that matters?

To be honest things have been quiet and boring, that's why I haven't posted anything. I did do last week's Weekend Assignment, but I'm an idiot and forgot to leave a comment on the website to let Carly and Karen know that I completed said assignment.

But I do have some fun news. In August I'm going on a photo walk at Fermilab. Last week the Think Geek people tweeted about this, I filled out a form and a few hours later I got an e-mail saying I get to be one of the photographers to go there. Notice the website says amateur and pro photographers. I definitely fall well to the amateur side. I'm really looking forward to it, I hope I don't geek out too much and forget to take pictures. Speaking of which, Think Geek sent me a Timmy plush doll to take a picture of at Fermilab. I hope I can find a good way to get him in there. We aren't allowed to touch anything, so I need to be creative. I also hope we don't come out of there looking like Timmy in this photo.


Here's a few thoughts on some summer TV I've been watching, or waiting for.

Wipeout: Cool, fun show to watch with the kids. I don't understand how one doesn't end up in the hospital after being on the show.

Downfall: Interesting concept, but it doesn't work. The host is way too stiff and can't think on his feet well. Not a good characteristic for a game show host.

Warehouse 13: Look, if you liked the X-Files back in the day, you'll like this show. I'm not saying it's just like the X-Files, but it has the same tone and some similar elements. Well, without any alien stuff. Good show! (Crap, I just used the term, 'back in the day' to talk about a show from the 90s. Ugh, I'm old).

Psych: Coming tomorrow. Yay!

Yes, lame stuff. I know. Any good shows I'm missing?

Last thing, if you have a tub of crumbled blue cheese in the fridge, how can you tell if it is moldy? Just, you know, hypothetically.





1 comment:

Florinda said...

That photowalk sounds like it could be very cool, in the nerdiest possible way.

I don't know why anyone would want to be on Wipeout, but the hosts' commentary is the best thing about that show.

And just so you know, I typed this comment with both hands :-D!