Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #39: Memorial Day

I missed last week's assignment because I forgot what day it was. Yes, really. The holiday messed me up and I was a day off. So, this week, I took the photo early and I'm posting it early. 

This week Carly wants us to post pictures relating to the Memorial Day holiday. Makes sense, no? 

EMPS #39: MEMORIAL DAY.
It has been a three day weekend for most folks in the United States, and today is MEMORIAL DAY. Show me how you observed the day. A picnic with family, the day spent in quiet reflection, the raising and lowering of the flag, MEMORIAL DAY parades, anything related to the holiday is fine.

Extra Credit: Write a little about what 
MEMORIAL DAY means to you personally.


I only have one shot to share with you. I worked this Monday, so I didn't do any of the things one associates with the holiday. I decided to take a photo of the small American flags that one of the neighbors put along the sidewalk in our subdivision. 

It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I couldn't play around too much out there. As you can kind of see, it was raining. I didn't want to ruin my relatively new camera. 

As for the extra credit, I mentioned a bit about that is yesterday's post

I hope you all had a nice holiday, or Monday if it wasn't a holiday for you. 



3 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

I like what you were going for here! As always I come away from your blog with inspiration for a future assignment. :) Thanks for playing this week.

Carly

Jama said...

This looks like our National Day, flags are seen everywhere just like this.

Suzanne R said...

Nice picture. I know what you mean about not wanting to ruin your camera. My SLR is like that. Very delicate. I think what you got is perfect.