Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #40: Rainbows


Carly's assignment this week is rainbows, just as the title suggests. I thought this would be perfect since it has been so rainy here. Well, it was rainy, but the sun never came out at the right time to get a picture of a rainbow. But I still have a few shots to share. 

First, here is a picture of my son's ceiling fan. As you can see, we screwed up putting to blades on, it doesn't go ROY G BIV like it should. Of course, there is no indigo blade, but you know what i mean. 



And, since I didn't get any new shots of rainbows, here's a couple I took on different days last year. 



Carly also wanted us to talk about what colors we find easy to photograph and what colors give us trouble. My wife likes to tease me and say I can't see color right, so maybe I have trouble with all colors. Actually, the most trouble I have is with getting the white balance correct. It's partly due to my camera, and partly due to me not knowing how to set that up properly. 

4 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

Well done!! I love the ceiling fan. I haven't seen one quite like it before. Great shots on the rainbows, it's not easy to be in the right place at the right time. Very nice!

-Carly

PS We will miss you next week.
:)

Jama said...

I like that rainbow colored fan, wish we have one like that here.

Suzanne R said...

Neat entry -- I like the fan and especially the rainbow shots! Good job!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I like the fan shot a lot. I've looked at those fans. The angle you shot it from reduced it to its 2D essentials. Very cool!