Monday, June 29, 2009

Just another random Monday

I really don't have anything specific to talk about today. I'm kind of talked out from the vacation posts, I'm not ready to do Karen's Weekend Assignment yet, but I feel I should post today. Do I need more structure for my blog? Or am I just lazy? Or boring? That might be it! So here are some random thoughts for the week.

A lot of people died. What they hell was that all about? If I didn't know any better (and I don't) I would think there is some kind of vast government conspiracy going on to keep the news channels busy with Celebrity Death News so we don't know what is really going on? Who's with me? Hello?

I'm not sure which death was more surprising, Michael Jackson's or Billy Mays'. Neither are that old, but you'd have to think that Billy Mays was in better condition than Michael Jackson. That's just my personal opinion.  I'm not going to make any jokes about the deaths, that's not cool, it was just a really weird weekend.

I think my typing speed has increased since I started blogging. Really. I wasn't the best typist before, but I can actually type somethings without looking at the keyboard and it doesn't take all day to write a post. It's not like I have perfect technique or anything. I'm pretty sure if I typed this why in typing class I'd get a ruling over the knuckles. But, hey, it's all about what works for you, right?

Do you use Gmail? Did you notice it thinks every contraction is a misspelling? It must think we all talk like Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Try that some day. Spend the whole day talking without contractions, then come and tell me how many people thought you were annoying, or trying to be all hoighty toighty. (I think I get a triple word score for getting that term in a blog post. Did I use it right?) Oh, I see, it underlines them as a grammar rule or something. Oh well, I stick by what I said.

I saw this link On Dave Barry's blog. It's pretty funny. I haven't gone through it yet, I'm sure there are a few missing, but I think it's a great idea. Are there any you would like to add?

I finally ordered my iPhone. I've been wanting to get one since they first came out, but now I feel the time is right. My phone is dying a slow death, and, most importantly, I can upgrade without a major penalty. Of course the store was out of them when I went, but I have an order in at least. They said 7-10 days, maybe sooner, and they took a deposit on my credit card that won't charge until it is shipped to them. So, obviously, I'll be checking to see if that charge went through about every 20 minutes.

That's all I have today. How's your Monday?








2 comments:

Florinda said...

It's not just Gmail. I draft all of my blog posts in Google Docs, and it does the same thing with contractions. What is up with that? :-)

Why am I not surprised you're (at last) getting an iPhone? I don't think my husband could live without his any more.

Mike said...

Florinda: I do not know what is up with that. It is how I talk all the time know. :)

You should only be surprised that I lasted this long. :)