Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #42: Water, Water, Everywhere

Carly wants some water shots this week. Well, we just came back from Walt Disney World and I think I have some that fit the assignment. Let's see...

Here's a hippo cooling off at Animal Kingdom. Sure, he's not playing around, but do hippos move much anyway?


Here's a bird of some sort from outside our hotel. Does anyone know what kind it is. I'm not very good with birds.

I'm not sure if the falls into the proper category, but I like it. It looks like the water is shooting up to clean off the Epcot golf ball.




Extra credit: Too be honest all I felt was hot while taking these. I'm not used to the heat of Florida. At the same time I was glad to be there with my family and watching the kids enjoy themselves.









4 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

Walt Disney World sounds like so much fun! I have been to Disneyland, but never to Disney World.

Wonderful water photos. That bird is a Great Egret. Beautiful creatures, it totally made my day to see one. Thanks for that, and thanks for playing this week. I always look forward to your entries.

-Carly

Suzanne R said...

Great shots from a neat place. I have never been there but my son and his wife just came back from Epcot and it was pouring rain while they were there! Glad your kids had a good time, even if you were hot. (I don't like being hot, either.)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Mike, Such a cool place to visit! You should have got one of those hats with a fan! Florida can be really miserable in the summer..it puts a whole new meaning on hot! I really liked your Epcot watery photo:)

Martha said...

Great shots and I love all the family vacation entries :-)

PS - Heat index here in SW Florida is 107 today! Yikes!