It's time for the Ten on Tuesday post. This week he topic is 10 favorite movie comedies. I've been thinking about this one all week. It's not that easy to come up with 10 favorite comedies. It's not that I don't enjoy comedies; it's hard to get it to ten exactly. There are some that I watch whenever they are on TV, some that I will watch if I have the time, and some that I will make time to watch. So, let's see what i can come up with.
1. Caddyshack - Best golf movie ever. I will watch this anytime and laugh every time.
2. Fletch - Chevy Chase at his finest. It is on TV constantly and I will watch it if I can.
3. Vacation- We used to take road trips to Michigan every year when I was a kid. They were never like this, but I could see how it is possible. Imogene Coca is great as Aunt Edna.
4. Stripes - "That's the fact Jack!" Nothing more to say. Classic.
5. Uncle Buck - Probably John Candy's best movie. The fun part about this was realizing that the teenager in this movie went on to do Yes, Dear as a grown up. It made me feel a little old.
6. Ace Ventura Pet Detective - Yes, It's a stupid move, but it's supposed to be. Good times.
7. This is Spinal Tap - Great movie with great music.
(Here is where I start having trouble).
8. The Jerk - It is somewhat dated now, but I still enjoy it.
9. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles (tie) - I couldn't pick between the two. Both are hilarious, both have Gene Wilder. How do you choose?
10. Mars Attacks! -- I'm sure I'm the only one with this movie on their list. I love the part where the martian is running around with the translator that is saying "we come in peace," or something to that effect, while he is blowing people away.
So there is the list. Some interesting choices, but that's what makes it fun!
Ok, one quick thing I got from John Scalzi's Site. It's a fun little game. Try it out. Here is what it said for my answers.
Created by OnePlusYou
What a fun little game. At least I could feed a nice size family.