Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trying to improve myself

My wife signed up for the marathon last year, and once she started running I decided I should get off my butt and exercise too. So, I ran started running some 5K's last year and have tried my best to keep up with it. I need constant motivation to keep going. I need to be signed up for something so I have a goal to shoot for; otherwise I will spend my free time on the couch. Or, on the computer.

Why am I telling you this? Because I have some new motivation now. Jenn found a challenge on Half-Fast that will keep us motivated. It's the Shave You 5K Challenge! Basically, I give them a time from a 5K early this year then one at the end of the year. The person with the most time shaved off their first time wins. I don't know what you win, but it's not about winning; it's about having fun. Yeah, right. I didn't believe that when I was a kid, nor do I now. (I will teach my kids that when they play sports. I'm a hypocrite like that).

So, now that I have motivation I have to get moving. I'm running at the Y-me race in Chicago on Mother's Day, but no solid plans after that. I need to look at some race schedules, my schedule and my wife's running schedule. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know what I win; because you know I will win something. Eye of the tiger. Eye of the tiger...








No comments: