Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tagged: Six things about me

I was tagged by Unfocused Me (a few days ago, sorry it took so long) for a meme to write six things about me. Since Tuesday I wrote ten quirky things about me, I'll put six normal things. It's probably a good thing since my wife told me Tuesday's post made me seem a little unstable. I'm really not. Just quirky! There is a difference.

The rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Write six things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their sites.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up

I might break a couple rules. Let's get to the six.

1. I was born in Chicago, grew up in the northwest suburbs, and I still live there. I never had a job offer out of the area, but I don't remember ever applying for one either.

2. I like infomercials. It's not that I want to buy the products, far from it, I enjoy the cheesiness (is that a real word?) of the commercials. Every product is revolutionary and is going to change the world. They always show someone incapable of doing a normal, everyday activity without hurting themselves; unless they use this awesome new product.

3. I like cars. I read Automobile magazine and drool over the cool cars that I will never be able to afford. I told my wife I want a used Porsche for my mid-life crisis car. We'll see how that goes.

4. I used to work for Applebee's. It's been about 10 years now, I worked there when I went back to school, but I have fond memories of the job. I waited tables and worked the bar. I had a lot of fun.

5. Since number 4 reminded me of it...I graduated from college in 1992 with a B.A in Psychology, worked in 'the real world' for a while, then went back to school in 1996. I graduated with a B.S. in Meteorology in 1998. No, I don't know what the weather is going to be tomorrow. But I can tell you why some things happened -- maybe.

6. I met my wife in college and we have been together ever since. We didn't get married right out of school, mostly to save money, but we knew we would. I never regret it for a minute.

OK, that was pretty normal. I'm not going to tag, but if anyone wants to do it let me know. I hope this one made me seem more normal.

2 comments:

Florinda said...

So now we know how you got that interesting combination of degrees. Does your work use either one of them? I think meteorology is a fascinating subject.

My husband also subscribes to Automobile magazine. I think you have more in common with him than his brother does...

Mike said...

I use meteorology to a degree. (heh) I don't want to sayvexsctly what I do because it will probably give away where I work. That seems to lead to problems. I like to think I use psychology everyday but that might be just so I don't feel like I wasted my time. :)