Thursday, May 1, 2008

X is for...fish?

My daughter got an alphabet zoo toy for her birthday this weekend. It has 26 (duh) animals, one for each letter of the alphabet. My wife and I found a few that were confusing.

For 'X' they had an x-ray fish. Basically it is a fish that is see through; is there such a thing? For 'N' they have a nightingale. Not too confusing for a kid who has learned 'B' is for bird. They have a uriel for 'U'. I've never heard of a uriel before. It looks like some kind of goat. I could look it up but I'm too lazy. Maybe they should have just done the first half of the alphabet. It might be easier. Who needs the whole alphabet anyway? I rarely use x, y or z.

2 comments:

Florinda said...

I use "y" and "z" multiple times a day - they're both part of my full name. I would miss them.

Mike said...

Florinda: OK, you can keep them. Just pick two others. See if you can go all day without using the letter 'k'. Just for fun.