Thursday, May 8, 2008

weird and sad

Yesterday I mentioned we had a nice free lunch at work. The person who bought it for us worked here until he got really sick. He bought it to be nice for us, and I guess, in a way, to say good-bye. It was really good food, and they set up a web cam for us to leave him a message. Turns out he passed away only a few hours after we ate the food. I don't know if he got to see our messages; they were recorded since he wasn't up to talking, I hope he did. A friend of mine here mentioned how it seemed he waited until he said good-bye to us. I wasn't good friends with him, but it is still sad. He wasn't that old, early 60's at most. Way too young to die in this era of medicine.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

I am sorry about the loss of your colleague. I agree that is too young. I wish more was being done with research, sigh, maybe someday soon this country will spend more of curing people, then they do on war.

Carly