I've had a busy day at work and I won't have much time so I'm borrowing a post that Florinda put up yesterday. I don't think she will mind.
Via The DEBlog, it's the TV's Top 50 Meme.
British media site Empire Magazine has revealed its list of the “50 Greatest TV Shows” ever. Below is the list and here are the rules.
1. Bold the shows of which you’ve watched every episode
2. Italicize the shows of which you’ve seen at least one episode
2a. Star * the shows you consider “the best”
3. Post your answers
I should mention this list comes from the UK. There are a few shows that are not from this side of the Atlantic.
50. Quantum Leap I watched a lot of these when it started. I probably saw most of them
49. Prison Break This show started so well, then became unwatchable, in my opinion
48. Veronica Mars
47. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - I found it hard to stay awake watching this.
46. Sex & the City - I kind of hope this movie tanks. Is that mean?
44. Cracker Must be a British show
43. Star Trek I watched most of these. Heck, one of my favorite bands is Spock's Beard.
42. Only Fools and Horses
41. Band of Brothers
40. Life on Mars I've heard this was good. They are doing an American version next year
39. Monty Python's Flying Circus -- Spam?!
38. Curb Your Enthusiasm - The one reason I sometimes think of ordering HBO
37. Star Trek: The Next Generation - This probably should be bold, but I'm sure I missed a few.
36. Father Ted -- What about Father Murphy?
35. Alias - I tried watching a couple of episodes, but you really need to start from the beginning
33. CSI: Las Vegas - I lost interest around season 4 or 5
32. Babylon 5
28. Fawlty Towers - Pretty hard not to see all of these. My wife bought me a book with the screen plays a long time ago.
27. Six Feet Under
26. Red Dwarf
25. Futurama* - Only 25! I demand a recount!
24. Twin Peaks
23. The Office UK
22. The Shield
20. Blackadder - I want to check this show out.
19. Scrubs - With all the shuffling of the schedule I have missed a few.
18. Arrested Development* - Great show! Never should have been cancelled
17. South Park
16. Doctor Who
15. Heroes - I lost all interest after season one. It made me sleepy, too.
13. Battlestar Galactica* - I plan my schedule around this show.
12. Family Guy
10. Spaced - I've heard this show is good. I need to check it out.
09. The X-Files - I would bold and put an asterisk if they stopped when David Duchovny left
08. The Wire
07. Friends* - It lost some steam in the end, but I still like watching it.
06. 24 - Ugh. When his daughter was chased by a cougar I lost all faith in the show.
05. Lost* - It's messed up, but I like it.
04. The West Wing - I want to know how those people talked so fast all the time.
03. The Sopranos - I don't like mob shows. I don't know why.
02. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
01. The Simpsons - It's a good show, but it has gone on too long.
So, what do you think. Hey, where is M*A*S*H?