Thursday, May 8, 2008

It wasn't on purpose

Last night my wife was working late, so as the kids were enjoying their dino-shaped chicken nuggets, I went in search for something for me to eat. When I opened the freezer outside, I was surprised to find more frozen dinners in there. I knew there wasn't much the night before, but I remembered my wife stopped at the store after going out to dinner with a friend the previous night. There were two things I was deciding between; a frozen steak and mushroom panini, and a flatbread chicken sandwich. I decided on the flatbread sandwich. I don't know why.

Now, skip to my wife coming home. She is starving and goes out to the freezer. As I see her searching the freezer it hits me; that sandwich was for her. As she comes back in she is saying how she knows she bought a flatbread sandwich. I just burst out laughing. I don't know why. It wasn't funny. It was just that as soon as I saw her searching I knew I screwed up.  She wasn't mad, I think me laughing helped, but I felt bad about it. Now I really have to get her something nice for Mother's Day. At least she was nice enough to post about something she wants.

2 comments:

Florinda said...

Glad you weren't in trouble for eating your wife's dinner - and that she's made it so easy for you to get her a great Mother's Day gift. (Women usually are pretty helpful about things like that.)

Mike said...

Florinda: She is pretty good at it. She is better at getting me things I like without me asking; and letting me eat her food. :)