This week for Ten on Tuesday, we have to list ten things that I am good at. I think I can do that; but they may not be things one would want to brag about.
1. I'm pretty good at making people believe things that aren't true. I can usually keep someone going for a little while. I guess I have an honest face. Not really a skill that gets you anywhere.
2. I'm good at finding things to do instead of what really needs to be done. I could win a prize for that.
3. Memorizing things. Numbers, things for work, etc. But, I do have trouble remembering what I need once I get to the store.
4. I'm good at finding the right size container that something will fit in just by looking at it. Another great skill.
5. I'm good at hooking up A/V equipment. I'm on call with all my family members when they get new stuff.
6. I used to be good at buying music I liked without ever having heard the band before. I could tell by the album art, band name, and song titles if it was something I would like. It didn't work 100% of the time, but mostly. Now you can listen to samples online, so I am out of practice.
7. I'm good at flipping through the channels on cable without hitting any of the lame, unwatched channels. My wife may disagree.
8. I'm good at becoming obsessed with things. Like blogging, gadgets, etc. Just ask my wife.
9. I'm good at listening. At least I think so. What did you say? I wasn't paying attention.
10. I'm good at making one small list take a whole day to write.
What are you good at?
By the way, I am really bad at funerals. I never know what to say and I always feel like I say the wrong thing. So far nobody has gotten mad at me, so I must be doing OK.