Thursday, May 1, 2008

I didn't know this stuff was still around

My son went to a birthday party this weekend and got Big League Chew in his goodie bag. I haven't seen the stuff in a long, long time. I remember trying it out when I was a kid, just to look like a cool baseball player. I didn't even like baseball, that's how good the marketing was. It seems weird giving it to a six year old, since it is made to copy chewing tobacco. But, he doesn't know what that is, so it should be OK. Besides, he already forgot about it. He's not big on sweets. Thst is probably because I eat all the sweets before he has a chance.

Here is one thing, of many I'm sure, where I'm going to be a hypocrite. I used to chew in high school and part of college. I don't want him to since it's bad for him, not to mention truly gross. Let's hope I don't have to worry about it.

Now, to hide the candy...in my closet.

No comments: