Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Unexpected Christmas treat?


Hostess holiday cakes
Originally uploaded by Mike F.
How long has Hostess sold this "Holiday Fruitcake?" I don't think I've ever seen it before. Not that I've ever looked for a fruitcake, not to mention looking for one in the snack aisle.

My real question is why? Why does hostess, who makes tasty treats, make something that people have mocked for tasting terrible for as long as I can remember? (I'm still ticked off that they changed the recipe for Ho Ho's and ruined my childhood memories forever.)

No, I didn't buy it, though I like to imagine that it is make by taking all the scraps from their other treats and mashing it together. I mean, it can't be good-tasting if it is a fruitcake. We can't ruin that Christmas tradition, can we?

3 comments:

Cookie said...

I have never seen those before, either. Fruit cake can be good, btw. With enough booze in. ;^)

DC said...

That looks terrible.

Anyways, just wanted to drop by and wish you and the family a very Merry Christmas. I'm still obvious not online very much, but like I had said, I'll try to drop in when I can or when I remember. Hope the holidays are great! =)

*Side note: My word verification for this comment is "elfing". I wonder if blogger did that on purpose...lol.

Mike said...

Cookie: I don't know if there is enough booze in the world to get me to eat a fruitcake.

DC: Have a great Christmas as well! Hope all is well with you.

Yes, I'm sure that word was planned. :)