Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mork calling Orson. Come in, Orson.


Yes, I was a big fan of Mork and Mindy as a kid. What was not to like? There was an alien who cracked me up (I was only 10), A wise cracking grandma (again, 10) and Pam Dawber. Yes, I may have had a little crush on her. Anyway I found this picture of me dressed as Mork for halloween back in 1979.

Cute, no? My mom worked hard on that outfit. I think it took a couple of tries for the dye in the long underwear to come out the right color. I couldn't go as a pink Mork! The gloves and boots were spray painted silver so there was probably a lot of lead in them. That would explain a lot. I'm not sure what big triangle was made out of, probably some kind of silver fabric. I'm sure you could get something like that. Not that I would know, we've never made a costume for the kids. Neither Jenn nor I have the skills required to do so.

Here's me trying to do the Na-Nu Na-Nu thing. Either that, or I was flashing some Orkin (Orken?) gang signs. It's hard to tell.


Why am I sharing these? I don't know, I found them at my mom's today and it cracked me up. I've never forgotten wearing this costume. I thought it was cool at the time. That's all that matters.

4 comments:

Mike Sullivan said...

First, coolest costume EVER!

Second, no way should you have posted those... they will come out to haunt you during your run for congress.

Florinda said...

Gangs from Ork?! Na nu, na nu!

That was a great costume - your mom did an awesome job!

fdtate said...

Let me second your Twitter comment. Yes, by all means, one of these pictures should be your new avatar!

Mike said...

Mike: Thanks! I don't think I'm going to run for congress. Governor, maybe.

Florinda: Yes, I was from the mean streets of Ork.

fdtate: I'll think about it. :)