Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Someone stole my water

As is probably the case with most office buildings, the water fountain is near the bathroom where I work. Usually what I do is fill my water at the fountain, go into the bathroom, leave my bottle by the sink, and grab the bottle on the way out. (I left out one step for obvious reasons). It's a pretty common thing in the office. Yesterday I did the same thing, but when I got to the sink the bottle was gone. I just re-use on old Dasani bottle, not a personalized one or anything, but still; who takes a water bottle? There was no other bottle there and it was only there for a minute. At first I thought someone threw it away, but the garbage was empty. Then I thought, maybe someone thought it was a new bottle, since it was full, and stole it to drink. But why? Who steals a bottle out of the bathroom? I hope the person enjoyed my backwash. Jerk.

Next time I'm going to put lemonade in it. People will think twice before stealing some yellow liquid out of the bathroom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would steal water from a bathroom? Weird.

We have a water cooler in the kitchen/break room. I've often left my water bottle there, but no one has taken it. However, plenty of my food has been stolen from the fridge.

Mike said...

DC: Stealing food makes sense. I mean, it'scwrong and mean, but not gross. Unless you steal a half-eaten sandwich, or something. ;)

Jenn said...

Hate to say it, but this makes you sound a little George Constanza-ish. :)

Florinda said...

I pretty much do the same thing with my water bottles, but no one's ever stolen one.

I think your idea could make yours theft-proof - but I also think Jenn might have a point there...

Mike said...

Jenn: Ha!

Florinda: As I saidvto Jenn later, I thought I sounded more like Ross after his turkey sandwich is ripped off.