Saturday, July 11, 2009

Born to Run...to Dairy Queen

Well, not Dairy Queen, but you get the point. This is where I get pissed at myself for not exercising properly over the winter, so prepare yourself.

The last race I did was the Shamrock Shuffle back in March. While I wasn't super prepared for it, I did okay considering the conditions. Then, after the Shuffle, I fell off the wagon. Actually, I fell of the wagon, the wagon backed-up and ran over me a few more times, then the driver spit on me. It's been a long cold Spring Involving many snacks and sweets, and very little exercise.

But, I've been working at changing that. It's going about as well as I expected, which means it's been terrible. Each day I go running I get pissed at myself for sitting on the couch and eating enough M&M's to feed a small country. Like Canada. The tons of burritos and tacos haven't helped. Curse you, Chipotle and Qdoba for you Delicious and relatively inexpensive Mexican food!

Anyway, I've been trying to be better. Really. I still have M&M's, but I no longer buy the large bags to keep in the house. That way I only eat a human portion of them per day. Also, both Jenn and I have been trying to eat better overall. I'm not sure the last time we had a burrito, though I did ask her if she wanted one the other day. Hey, I was on midnights, I'm very weak-minded when I work them! Luckily, Jenn kept us on track. I don't remember what I had, but it was better for me than a giant burrito. Then again, what isn't?

So, what I'm telling you, and trying to convince myself, is that I'm trying. I've been running. Really. Just not a whole lot yet in the distance department so far, but I'm working on that too. I need to find some races that I can do soon. That always helps motivate me. Terror is a good motivator, I don't care what other people say.

That's all I have to say about that. Where's the ice cream?

3 comments:

Florinda said...

Sorry about your eating and exercise setbacks, but I think this is one of the funniest posts you've written. That hardly seems fair when I think about it.

I'm jealous that you have Qdoba around there. We used to have a couple near us, but they closed a while ago, and they were GOOD.

Jenn said...

You had a hamburger from Wildfire, I had sushi from Benihana.

How many days until the Urbanathalon?

Mike said...

Florinda: Thanks, I'm glad my misery can entertain you. :)

We tried them once on a whim a while back and liked it. Now we get them too often when we want to get something quickly.

Jenn: Not enough days.