Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #46: Seen in Summer

My post this week may be a bit different than the others. Most of it is because, as I said before, this summer has been very cool, so not much of your usual summer activities happen as often. Going to the pool is out most day since it is too cold, and I don't see as many kids running around outside. Who wants to wear long pants, or a light coat, in the middle of summer?

Anyway, Carly wants us to take some pictures of things seen in the summer, or what summer means to us.

Well, one thing that summer means to me is weeds. I don't like them, and I don't like removing them. What a pain?


Next, is bugs. There are way too many in the summer, and I don't like them at all. That is one reason I don't like to eat outside. I like to grill the food, then bring it in. I know, I sound like a wimp. But, one bug I have learned to loathe is the Japanese Beetle. We have a tree that became infested last summer, and they are back. Look at this guy gnawing on that leaf!



The biggest problem, besides the destruction of the tree, is the sap and debris that falls on the cars when they are parked under the tree.



This tree is right along the driveway so it is impossible to avoid.


Today I took control of things, bought some insecticide my brother recommended, and sprayed the tree. Here is the carnage I left behind. Warning, not for the squeamish, or the bug lover.





That's all for today. Go check out the other pictures at Carly's site.


Edited to add: I can't get into the comments on Carly's site so this may not be official. So I hope some of you guys get to see it.

No comments: