Thursday, July 23, 2009

ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #47: Patterns

This week it's all about patterns. Carly wants us to photograph some kinds of pattern.

I wasn't sure what to photograph at first, until I looked outside. Needless to say, we have some shadow work again.

Here is sunlight through the back of a patio chair.


Actually, now that I look at it there is two patterns. The pattern from the chair, and the pattern of the small rocks that make up the concrete in the patio.

This other is the pattern of the fake bricks on the kids old playhouse.



Nothing all that exciting this week. Maybe I'll post more if I see more around later this week.





3 comments:

Carly said...

Hiya Mike :)

Just when you say, "nothing special" you come up with the most marvelous ideas! I really like what you did with the pattern shadow from the chair. That's a great idea! Well done!

-Carly

Liz said...

And the third pattern shown by the patio chair is the changes perspective makes to reality when we only see the shadows.

Suzanne R said...

Great patterns and photos of them!