Saturday, September 26, 2009

So, these things happened

I feel kind of lousy today. I'm not sure if it is because I'm coming down with something that has spread through our house, or if it is only because I pulled something in my shoulder/neck area. I have no idea what I did, all I know is my shoulder started to hurt last night then the pain dial was slowly increased to medium-high. My shoulder doesn't hurt much now, but my neck does. It hurts to move my head. I need a neck brace. Anyone have a spare?

Anyway, onto the point post. Yeah, like there ever is a point to any of my posts.

This was a good one. As I've said before, we have a new dog that we adopted a couple of weeks ago. We have all the paper work from the place we adopted him from, as well as all the vet visits, but a few things weren't filled out completely. It wouldn't be a big deal, but Jenn was taking the dogs to the daycare place today to get Cruise used to it since they will be spending the night there in a couple of weeks. So, I called one of the vets to get documentation of one of his shots. That call worked out fine. No problems. Then I called the second place. I'll transcribe it here:

(Voicemail answers. I don't listen to the message): Beep!

Me: Hi, my name is Mike and I adopted a dog that was recently brought in to your office. His name is Cruise or Jerry. His patient number was (i don't remember right now) and was brought in by a person name Carole...

(Here is where I look a little more closely at the paper)

Me: Oh, Carole, I'm calling you and not the vet. Never mind. (Click!)

Yes, I'm an idiot. I guess I don't know how to read. Needless to say Carole called us later to check on Cruise. I had to explain how stupid I was and that there was nothing wrong with Cruise. We haven't put him in a hospital yet. I swear. She's probably regretting letting us adopt the dog right about now.

The next story is almost as good. I got home from picking up the kids from school and stopping at my mom's. It was about 4pm when I got home. I check the voice mail and there is a message from one of the parent's from school. He was calling to make sure his son got to our house okay after school. No, you didn't miss anything I wrote, we didn't have him. I didn't pick him up. Now, this wasn't my fault. We left a message for them the night before saying we'd bring him on on Friday. I guess they didn't get the message. Our at least the husband didn't. By the time I called him back he had everything cleared up and was picking him up at school. It's not as bad as it sounds since they have after-school care and his son is always there anyway. He just needed to know where to get him.

I guess it all boils down to voice mail conspiring against me for some reason.


Cookie said...

Maybe it's a sign that you should avoid the phone. ;^)

Mike said...

Cookie: I think I will. I might cancel my phone service to be safe. :)

Florinda said...

This is why I try to to communicate in writing and avoid talking to people :-). Glad it's all worked out, though.

Mike said...

Florinda: I might try that from now on. :)