Thursday, September 10, 2009

Terrible timing

No, I'm not sick. Nope. I'm not getting a cold, it's just allergies. It has to be allergies. There is no reason I should get a cold now. Not two days before a race. No, siree.

That's what I'm going to keep telling myself until Saturday is over. Or, at least once I am home on Saturday. It is going to be my mantra. I think I need to to hijack a truck filled with oranges and bathe it them, drink the juice and somehow force them directly into my pores. Any way to get as much Vitamin C as I can to keep this cold, I mean allergies, at bay. Yep, I'm just going to will this away. It's like those people you hear about who can lift a car when there little kid is trapped underneath. I'm going to summon that same will to fight this thing off. So, either I'll be fine come Saturday, or I'll tap into some latent ability deep down in my limbic system and turn into the Hulk. I'd probably win the race that way! "Hulk like run. Hulk crush opponents!"

As long as I feel the same as I do now, I'll still run. I'm not expecting a PR or anything, I just want to do it and get my medal and go home and fall into a coma. At least until I go to work the next day.

Also, this means I haven't run since Monday and I won't until race time. So, either I'll be well rested or I'll be laying in the middle of the street somewhere around the 6 mile mark. I should probably bring some kind of flare gun to so people can find me. Actually, since it is through a suburban neighborhood, I wonder if I could just run up to some one's door and ask if I can lay on their couch for a little bit. Just 20 minutes or so. No bigee.

So, to sum up, I'm not sick. Remember that. 

I should also mention that I have not taking an medicine at this point, so I really have no excuse for the randomness of the post.

3 comments:

Unfocused Me said...

It's just allergies. And as long as your allergy symptoms are only from the neck up, I'm sure you're fine. Just the same, I'm glad we're running different races this weekend so I'm not standing next to you. In case your allergies are contagious.

Cookie said...

Just allergies. Happens this time of year.

If you do feel the need to pass out while running, aim for someone's front lawn. Much softer than pavement.

Good luck!

Mike said...

Unfocused: well, I feel a bit better today, so maybe you're right. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Cookie: I plan on aiming for a lawn. Preferrably one that has a sprinkler system running. :)