Sunday, November 30, 2008

EMPS #13: Happy Turkey Day!

Okay, Carly has told me a few times that I should play along with the Monday Photo Shoot. So here it goes:

This week we were supposed to take pictures of turkeys; which makes sense since it was just Thanksgiving. I hope you got your fill of food by the way. I don't think I need to eat for about a week. Maybe two.

Anyway, I didn't get any pictures of the turkey we ate, but I have a couple of pictures of turkeys anyway.

This was a small turkey cake from Deerfields Bakery near our house. They make a lot of cool themed desserts. We get all our holiday cakes and cookies from them. One year for July 4th we bought a cake that looked like a giant hamburger. It was very well received.


Here is a big version of the turkey cake. When I came home from work I opened the fridge to find this turkey peeking out of his box looking at me. It cracked me up so I had to take a picture. He looks like he knows he is going to be eaten soon. And he was right!

 
That is all I have for this photo shoot. I don't know if I'll be able to do every week; it depends on the subject, and my schedule. We'll see how it goes!

14 comments:

Carly said...

Awww Mike :)

You've made my weekend! Welcome to the EMPS! It's so nice to have you join us... finally! As I told everyone when I took the reins from Karen, I don't expect folks to play every week, my main focus is that we all have fun. So if you can make it... FABULOUS, but if you can't, well, I will just be looking forward to seeing you soon! :) Sound good? ;)

Now, as for that cake... lol... it is so cute, I am afraid I would have a tough time cutting it to eat it! LOL. I was always that way with things like chocolate Easter bunnies, and peeps. They were so cute, how could I possibly bite their heads off! ROFL! That cake does look delicious though. Chocolate I am guessing? I could be talked into it me thinks! :)

Thanks for being such a good sport regarding my nagging. Once again, WELCOME! :)

Always, Carly

Mike said...

Carly: Thanks for making me feel welcome! I'll try to make as many as possible.

The cake was actually yellow inside. The frosting was a nice buttercream. It was really good. But, yes, you can feel a little bad cutting into it. :)

Liz said...

I echo Carly; I would also be quite incapable of gobbling such a creation :)Liz

Mike said...

Chesire Cat: It wasn't too hard. Especially if you really like sweets. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I'm not so much interested in the cake as I am the beers behind it. lol

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Mike said...

DC: Hey, don't touch my beer! :)

Thanksgiving was good, but busy. Not as fun as Vegas though.

Tammy Brierly said...

Welcome! What a cute cake but I'd rather eat it. LOL


http://mylifeasawarrior.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-thanksgiving.html

Mike said...

Tammy: Thanks! The cake was very good. The bakery makes great cakes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Mike, I am way late getting around. Welcome ! Great looking Turkey Cake, it was very interesting! I was hoping it was a red velvet cake:)

Jan AKA Wammy said...

All I want to know is who got the wishbone? What a great cake!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wow. That is so cool! I especially love the turkey (cake) in a box!

Mike said...

Wammy: Well, there were little sticks in the back to give it shape. I guess those could be considered a wishbone. :)

Karen: It tastes as good as it looks !

Mike said...

Far Side: Thanks! I am too! We've had a red velvet cake from the same place before, it was good too.

Martha said...

So glad to see you playing along with us! Love the turkey cake, but like dc said, pass me the cold ones - the cake is too cute to eat anyway! ;-)