Monday, December 31, 2007

Goals for 2008

I put up my goals for next year off to the right. My wife feels my goals are too easy. She's not being mean, she just feels that I don't believe in myself enough. She feels that since she was able to get to 18 miles last year, that I should be able to do a lot more than I think I can. The only thing is that I don't have the determination and dedication she has.

I figure that since I didn't start running until June of 2007, and my best 5K time was 29:58 last year, that those goals are about right. Plus, I've never run more than 4 miles, so throwing the Walter Payton run in there is pretty scary for me. Sure, some of the goals may not be too lofty, but that way I have a better chance of reaching them, then maybe I can change them up again.

A marathon is totally out of the question though. That is just way out of my league.

No comments: