Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #43: Stars

This week it's all about stars. Carly wants us to photograph stars of some kind. I found a few to shoot. Nothing all that exciting though.

The first one is from the stars on my son's ceiling. You can see that the fan was spinning, which gives it kind of a cool look.

This second one is also from my son's bedroom. It's a close-up of a nightlight he has. I believe it's a Buzz Lightyear light, so it's filled with stars.

Extra credit: The first shot was hard to get the right shutter speed and stability. I ended up laying the camera on the floor. It worked out best. The second shot was tough because of the light the thing put out. I played with the settings until I got the best shot I could.

Go check out the rest of the shots on Carly's site.



2 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

Very cool examples of stars.... perfect for this week. Well done!

Carly :)

Suzanne R said...

Great star photos, Mike!