Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Random thoughts for an early September day

I was at the grocery store today and the misters went off in the produce section. I was in the next aisle, but I could here the announcement, "The misters are about to start. Misting helps keep the produce fresh and lock in the nutrients." The thought that popped into my head was, do I need all that information? I  mean, I understand why they inform you it is going to start, you don't want to get your arm wet (especially if you are a particular wicked witch) but I don't need to know why they are misting the vegetables. Do they say that so the crazy people that come into the store don't think they are spraying some kind of chemicals that are going to turn you into a vegetable hating zombie? Just wondering. Does you local grocery store have the same announcement?

I think I need to have Jenn start laying out my clothes for me before work. I am terrible at matching colors. No, I'm not color blind (Jenn!). I guess that part of my brain that says, "What they hell are you thinking? Those two colors together make me want to puke. Go Change," doesn't work. Or maybe I just don't listen to it. Just last night, after I came home from work, Jenn looked and me and said, " That doesn't match!" Great, so for eight hours I was at work looking like big(ger) dork. All I could come up with was, "But you said this is neutral." I guess it wasn't totally neutral. No, I'm not going to tell you what I was wearing. 

So, that Duggar lady is going to have child 19 around the same time as her daughter-in-law is having number one. Nothing like being older than your aunt or uncle, huh? But, really, 19?! I can't keep track of two kids, not to mention clean up after them, what do you do with 19? Imagine the laundry, the cooking, the dishes! Maybe they get a free lifetime supply of paper plates. I certainly hope so, it would be easier to toss out everything after each meal rather than cleaning the dishes.

If you notice a fair amount more of photos here from now on it's because I joined a new photo group on Flickr. I'll be out taking more pictures and probably putting some up here, too. I can feel the excitement coming through the Internet as you read this.

I saw some pictures of the California wildfires on the Big Picture. Yikes. I feel for you guys out that way. Stay safe. Try and keep your lungs clear.

That's all I have for now. Have a good night.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

You are slightly color blind. You know it, don't deny it.

Cookie said...

I hear a thunder-like sound before the misters go off at my grocery store. I wasn't sure about it until reading what you have to deal with.

All men are to some extent color blind, Mike. Listen to your wife.

And can you believe we have wild fired every single year? /sigh

Florinda said...

I wish my grocery store made an announcement before the misters went off. I just get wet if I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Don't get me started on the 19th-kid thing. I stopped with one for many good reasons.

Our air quality is terrible and the sunlight looks kind of pinkish-orange due to all the smoke and ash. And this is technically just the beginning of fire season...shudder.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hey, Mike - Friday is fine for the WA now - the deadline is Fridays at 6 PM. I'll be posting Friday evening, so any time before that will work!

Mike said...

Cookie: You know, the misters thunder at ours too. They switch off thundering and making that announcement.

I know you get wildfires every year, but it seems abnormally bad lately. I'll send an oxygen mask your way. :)

Florinda: Wouldnt it be nice if you could have the cool sky colors without the ash? We had that once here from some fires in Canada or something. Very cool sunsets. Stay safe!