Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weekend Assignment 325: Tech Savvy

This week Karen asks a great question for the Weekend Assignment.

Weekend Assignment #323: Tech Savvy
When you bring home some new piece of technology, do you usually get it up and running with pleasant anticipation and calm confidence, or is there more likely to be much swearing, wailing and gnashing of teeth? What's the most trouble you've had with a new computer, tv, phone or related tech gadget?

I think I'm pretty good at getting tech things up and running. I rarely have problems and when I do I can easily find the answer online. You just need to know where to go.

I think the last thing I had a problem setting up was our router a few years ago. I had never set one up before, and it was giving me problems. Then, I went to the company's website and found the solution to my problem. As is most often the case nowadays, it was a software issue. But, yes, I did swear a little bit while trying to get it to work.

Usually I'm the go-to-guy in my family to set up electronics. I don't know why, but I can usually figure out how to hook up everything pretty easily. I think it helped that I worked at Circuit City for a while. (A short while). Maybe, I picked some things up there.

It works out, though. I have family members come over to help me build or fix things in the house, and I set up their TVs and stereos. I think that is a fair trade, don't you?

Extra Credit: Who do you call in to help, if you get stuck?

I kind of answered the question above, but I do have a few tech savvy(ier) friends that can help me out if needed.









No comments: