Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I have some questions about this wallet

I'm on the midnight shift again, so my brain is a little mushy. But, is that really anything new?

Anyway, I saw this commercial for the Aluma-Wallet, and I have a few questions. First, here is the commercial for your viewing pleasure.

First off, when did we have such a problem with getting our wallets wet? I can't recall any time mine has gotten wet? Do they mean if you drop it in a toilet? If they do, I don't care what the thing is made out of, I'm burning it. Ladies, have you ever spilled a bottle of water in your purse? Is the first thing you pull out to salvage your wallet, or your makeup that costs a million dollars. Now that is something that should come in a water-proof case.

While we are talking about getting your wallet wet, what is ruined when it gets wet? The ink won't run on the money. The credit cards will dry just fine. What's left? That receipt you've been carrying around for five years? An old losing lottery ticket? I can't think of anything that is in my wallet that would need to be replaced, except for maybe the wallet itself.

And How thin is this thing? With it being aluminum, it's not going to flex very much. That doesn't seem very comfortable to carry in either my front, or back, pockets. Of course, I wear super tight pants, that may be why. (No, I really don't).

Oh, about the RFID chips, Is that a big theft thing? I don't have any cards with that, so that is more of a real question rather than a sarcastic one. But, it doesn't seem like it should be as big of a big deal as they make it out to be.

You know what that commercial is missing? The exasperated idiot who can't close a wallet without money and credit cards flying around the room. They show some close-up of wallets not fitting into pockets and purses, but I'd like to see a man or woman's face with that helpless look on it as they try to shove a comically large wallet into their pants our purse.

You should go buy this anyway. To help the economy and all that.

I need to go to sleep.

5 comments:

Adam807 said...

I have actually been with a female friend when she discovered a water bottle had spilled in her purse. But she went for her iPod first. I have heard that the credit cards with the chips can be swiped like that, but I don't think it's THAT common, and I also don't think that wallet will stop it.

It just looks so impractical. I could see opening it too quickly and having everything go flying out. And where does your cash go? Just folded up and shoved in the middle? It's clearly a business card holder, and not a very good one at that.

I do love this class of infomercials, for products which solve problems I never knew I had!

Mike said...

Adam: I forgot about iPods and phones. That would be the first thing to save for sure. I forget about all the room that a purse has and what can be shoved in it. Of course, why would you need this then, right?

I love these commercials. I could watch them all day long. Is never buy anything, buy they keep me entertained.

Carrie#K said...

I'd save my iPhone and my book first. I think the economy is going to have to limp on without me buying this.

Mike said...

Carrie: That sounds about right. And I agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious Post! I enjoyed it.
Don’t know if you remember me but I used to read your blog. I am making some cool Tie Dye Cross-stitch Art and am trying to get the word out (I don’t have much traffic as of yet) You can check out my link to my Etsy Shop on my blog if your interested. Hope all is well and I enjoyed stopping in again.