Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #19: Nap Time

I'm back on track with Carly's photo shoots. I missed the last two because of the crazy schedule around the holidays. I actually had the photos taken for last week but I never had the time to actually post them.

Anyway, this week Carly picked a topic I can really get behind -- napping. Who doesn't like a good nap. So, I took a couple of pictures where I like to take a nap.

First up is the couch in our family room.



Due to stupidity on our part this is the only full sized couch in the whole house. But, it works out well. I can take a short nap while the kids are playing in the next room, but I can still hear what is going on. (Pardon the Christmas pillow on the couch. We've put away the other decorations. Really!)

Next up is the recliner.



My wife bought this for me on the first Father's Day after we moved in to our house. I don't get to sit in it as much as I would like, but I will nap in there on occasion. It's pretty comfy.

I didn't get a shot of anybody napping, but here is a shot of our dog, Quincy, resting on the cool tile.
This picture is from June. He's about three times bigger, but this was the best shot I could find of him resting. He doesn't seem to rest very often.


Where do you like to nap?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My couch, recliner and bed are my usual napping places. Not too many other places to nap. I tend to fall asleep on the couch a lot. :)

Carly said...

Hiya Mike :)

I've been missing you, good to have you back! :) Love the color of the couch, it matches your puppy! ;) The black chair reminds me of the Captains chair on the star shop Enterprise. I have NO idea why. LOL. Well done! Give the puppy a scratch from me.

Carly

Carly said...

LOL

Of course I meant the starship Enterprise not "star shop" LOL. Sheesh!

Just Carly

Mike said...

DC: Don't we all? I figured you would have a hammock you can rest in since you live in a nice climate.

Carly: glad to be back.

I do like to tell my wife, 'you have the conn' when I get up. :)

Mike said...

DC: Don't we all? I figured you would have a hammock you can rest in since you live in a nice climate.

Carly: glad to be back.

I do like to tell my wife, 'you have the conn' when I get up. :)

Anonymous said...

Great post -- one of my favorite topics!

We have a hammock in our backyard, though it's just out during the summer. I think in the six years we've lived in this house, I have successfully napped on it around three times. Mostly, I get in, lie down, and then get swarmed by my kids demanding that I "play" with them, "feed" them, all kinds of ridiculous things.

The sofas work better. We have one in the living room by the fireplace, at the front of the house, one in the back room (off the kitchen, and one in the study (the new one), plus one in the basement. We're both not terribly tall, so the Mrs. and I can nap on any of them. Each sofa has its own virtues. I currently like the one in the study best, because it's new (to us -- we bought it off Craigslist).

Mike said...

Unfocused: Ive never had a successful nap in a hammock. Mostly because I feel like I'm going to spin out of it, like a cartoon character.

You have a lit of places to nap in the house!

Suzanne R said...

Neat places to nap! I especially find my recliner comfortable for napping in, so I can see why you would like yours for the same. Your couch looks comfy, too, though.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

That black recliner looks like the Darth Vader of chairs - well, except that it's not evil!

Terri said...

Love the pup! Is he a golden retriever? or a Great Pyrenees? Beautiful.

LKW said...

We've been talking about getting a recliner - that photo definitely makes it look like a good place to nap!

Mike said...

Suzanne R: the couch is pretty comfy. The family room that it is in can be pretty dark, so that helps.

Karen: As long as my chair doesn't tell me it's my father, il be okay. :)

Terri: He's a golden. He's much bigger now, but still thinks he's a lap dog at times. :)

Laura: Get one. It's very comfortable. You won't regret it.