Friday, January 30, 2009

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #22: Rocks or Stones

If the title didn't give it away, this week Carly asked us to take pictures of rocks or stones, or some variation on that theme.

EMPS #22: ROCKS or STONES.
Grab your cameras and show me some ROCKS. Big ROCKS, little ROCKS. LittleROCK, Arkansas, STONE soup. A Zen garden with decorative ROCKS, or how about ROCK cliffs? Sure, why not! A Pet ROCK, or ROCK candy. Take the words ROCK or STONE and use your imagination. ROCK music. ROCKING chair. ROCK ON! Stepping STONES. The Rolling STONES... it's all good!


Since we are still buried under snow here I wasn't sure what to do this week. I could dig out some stones in the backyard, but that's no fun. And too cold. So I went with something a little different. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped; I blame the lighting.







As you can see, I won 2 out of 3. Hey, the kid has to learn about losing, right?

I meant to take a picture of the small rocks out daughter has put in the handle of the door in the car, but I forgot and it is dark outside now.


Since I didn't wait until the last minute to post this week, there is still time to go to Carly's site and join in the fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the black & white effect. It makes it more dramatic...lol.hv

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

I LOVE it! I just love it when you guys think outside the box on the assignments, and this is just perfect! I had completely forgotten about this game. You did a great job with this, the black and whit photos are just delightful. Very creative. Nicely done!

Always, Carly

Mike said...

DC: I'm glad it looks like I know what I'm doing. :)

Carly: Thanks. I was trying to do something a little different.

Suzanne R said...

Very clever take on the assignment, Mike! The game manages to confuse me, but it doesn't take much! LOL!

Tammy Brierly said...

Very clever and effective in B & W.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, this makes me laugh. Rock, scissors, paper! Wonderful! And what perfect photos you managed on the contest. Very evocative!