Thursday, January 29, 2009

Important Question of the Day

I know there is a lot going on right now, recession, job losses, Blagojevich; but I have a question for all (3) of you:

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?

I'm serious. I know this a clear-cut choice for everyone. You love one, and hate the other. What is your choice?

Mine is mayo. I never liked Miracle Whip. I always found it had a slightly odd after taste. Sorry, Kraft; no offense. I love all your other stuff!

Why do I ask? I bought a sandwich on the way to work and it came with a packet that labeled 'salad dressing', which is code for fake Miracle Whip. Think about it, would you really use it to put on salad?

If you only use mustard or some other kind of condiment, that is fine. But tell me which one you used to like as a kid. I'm sure you used one as a kid.

12 comments:

Cookie said...

Mayo.

I don't understand Miracle Whip. What is it and should it taste like that? I mean, really?!

At least, it was in a packet and not in your sammich, waiting to get you.

0.o

Anonymous said...

Ewww...neither! I hate them both. It's only mustard for me!

Mike said...

Cookie: Actually, I put it on my sandwich; I was hoping it would taste like mayo. At least I didn't put much on it.

DC: I thought you might say that. :) Mayo does have an odd consistency to it. I try not to think about it too much. :)

Dawn Allynn said...

I strongly dislike Miracle Whip, I am also a mayo kinda girl. However, I must mention that I remember a time when many people asked for "salad dressing" and used it on salads. Which may be why I wouldn't eat salad for many, many years.

Florinda said...

I'm not much for condiments, period, but I would definitely go with mayo (real mayonnaise) over that fake Miracle Whip stuff.

Mike said...

Dawn: Ok, another vote for mayo! I can't imagine putting that on a salad either. I'm a French dressing kind of guy mostly.

Florinda: looks like it's unanimous. So far at least. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to put a damper your little mayo lovefest here...

I like mayo, I do. But I always liked Miracle Whip just a little bit better on a sandwich. Not on other things, necessarily, but on a sandwich, particularly a roast beef sandwich, Miracle Whip is the way to go.

Mike said...

Unfocused: Okay, I guess I have to put one down for Miracle Whip. I won't hold it against you.

Dreamybee said...

I find both pretty disgusting, but if forced to choose, I think I would go with mayo as well.

Mike said...

Dreamybee: Dont worry, I won't force you to choose. :) Im sure there are plenty of people who can't stand mayo or Miracle Whip.

Anonymous said...

My vote is for MAYO...I hate Miracle Whip! :-)

Mike said...

Suzanne: Ok, I'll mark you down. :)