Monday, February 4, 2008

Bulking Up

I've been preparing for Fat Tuesday all winter. I'm ready to go. I'm been eating lousy all winter and I'm pretty much maxed out on weight. That's what it is all about, right? Getting to your max weight right before Lent so you can avoid all fun food until Easter?

OK, maybe that isn't the exact definition for Fat Tuesday, but that is what I did this winter. I stuffed myself. Maybe, deep down, I knew we were going to have those cold spells, so I wanted to add a layer of insulation. Now it is time to get rid of it.

The first thing I'm going to do is give up M&M's for Lent. I will say that I am going to allow myself to eat some on my birthday, I have to give myself some kind of present.

Second, I'm going to ween myself off of Cherry Coke and Dr Pepper. I know I can't go cold turkey, I don't want to deal with the caffeine withdrawal headache. I've had them before, It feels like someone is drilling for oil in my skull.

I figure getting rid of those two things, and keeping up with the running, I could drop the extra weight easy. Those of you know me, know how many M&M's I eat. Put it this way, those bags that say 'medium' on them, are gone in a 24 hour period, no problem. It's a sickness really. I think it needs to be listed as a psychological disorder. Who can I write to to get it in the latest edition of the DSM?

It all starts at midnight tomorrow. Wish me luck. Prepare for 46 days of complaining.

1 comment:

bluegame said...

You could do it! Tell your wife nOt to buy them at target. Expect Great Results!