Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My problem with snooze

Yes, I have a problem. I'll admit it. I hit snooze 2-3 times per morning. Yes, it doesn't really do any good, and it bugs Jenn, but I can't help myself. I can't set my alarm for the time I really need to get up. I need to be able to look at the clock and say, "Hey, I can sleep for another 10 (or 8, 0r 9, when ever the snooze goes off) minutes." Then I smack the snooze button and go back to sleep. This doesn't always work out so well for me.

There have been times when I hit the snooze in my sleep. Since I wasn't fully awake to calculate how much longer I can sleep, there have been times when I need to jump out of the bed and take the world's fastest shower. Yes, I timed it. It should be in the next edition of the Guinness Book of World Records. .

On our old clock the snooze and 'off' buttons were really close. Dangerously close, if you ask me. I have woken up at the time when I should be in the car driving. I think I skipped the shower that time. Luckily, it was a weekend with little traffic and few people at work.

Just the other day I had a new problem. The alarm went off, I hit the button to turn it off, and I got into the shower. When I went back into the bedroom I looked at the clock and swore. Somehow I managed to get up without hitting snooze at all. I was up about 20 minutes early. I came so close to getting back into bed that morning. It was probably best that I didn't. It was one of my more relaxing mornings, I have to say.

Then, the day after that happened I got even more confused. The alarm went off and I stared at it for what seemed like ten minutes. The time was all wrong, it was way too early, and I couldn't remember if I had to work that morning. Finally Jenn got up and I remembered it was set for her to go to her training session and I was off that day. It was really nice to go back to sleep, even if I was a little confused.

I need to design a new kind of snooze on an alarm clock. Maybe the alarm can go off, but a voice will come on to tell you that you can hit snooze two more times before you really need to get up. That could be a good idea! Hmm, I need to find a Billy Mays type person to get this thing going...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/spirit/get-to-sleep-guide/become-a-morning-person/?page=5