Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot #78: Still Life, with food

I've been bad these past two weeks with both assignments I usually participate in. With my daughter getting her tonsils out and working midnights, it's been a bit difficult. But, since my wife got me a new camera for my birthday, I have to participate this week, right? This week Carly wanted some still life photos of food. I hope I did it right.

I only had one day to do something so here it goes:

This I took at my mom's, I liked the contrast of the bananas and the candy next too each other. Which will you choose?



Then, at home, I was playing around with the mini- and full-size bananas we have.



That's all I've got. I need a lot of time with this new camera to get used to it, and learn how to use it. I'm also planning to take some lessons, so that should be fun.

Go to Carly's site and check out the rest of the photos, won't you?

4 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Mike :)

Hon, thank you so much for your participation, I understand how busy things have been for you lately, so I really appreciate you joining us. especially after the week you have had. Hope your daughter is feeling better! :)

My goodness, you have two of my favorite subjects here. I choose the banana, it's a really good source of potassium, and besides, it is amazing smothered in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon frosted pecans! LOL

Happy Happy Belated Birthday! :)

-Carly

Jama said...

Give me bananas anytime, especially those mini ones. Over here it's called 'pisang emas', or literally golden bananas,very sweet!

Wishing your daughter speedy recovery.

Martha said...

I'll take the bananas! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

In the immortal words of the Doctor, "Bananas are good!" I like both of your shots very much. But can I have both bananas and candy, please? Preferably in the same bite?