Friday, March 21, 2008

Bringing home "Quincy"

We disregarded the National Weather Service warnings and drove out to get our new puppy today. I don't have a picture to put up yet; I'm on the midnight shift again. I'll try tomorrow.

The funny thing is the snow was not too bad leading up to our departure time. Then it decided to become a nasty little storm as we left the house. Luckily, we were heading south and the snow changed to rain then to sunny skies where we picked Qunicy up. I think it was a sign.

He was a little nervous in the car at first, but he calmed down and at one point fell asleep on the ride home. I think all dogs like car rides. Am I right?

We tried to put Quincy in an Easter basked outside the front door for the kids to come and see but, unfortnately, he grew more than we expected and he didn't fit. Our son was pretty excited, but our daughter is still unsure. She was OK by the time she went to bed, but before that she was a little afraid of Quincy. He is quite a bit more active than Cosmo was during her liftetime. I think she'll be fine once she gets used to him. Our son asked if Quincy could sleep with him, but we told him Quincy was just a baby and can't stay in his room yet.

The good new is that Quincy likes his cage. He went in there and fell asleep right away. Now, we just need to work on the potty training thing. He had two small accidents all ready. Thanks goodness his bladder is small. It makes the clean up much easier.

I feel bad for my wife this week. I'm on midnights so she is going to be doing most of the work for the next few days. I think she is going to be as tired as me by the end of the week.

Oh yeah, we went with the name Quincy, obviously. It just seemed to fit. We both like it too. My wife actually thought of it. Thanks to everyone who pitched in name ideas.

No comments: