Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Toys

I bought some new toys today. This is my new Garmin GPS trainer. I'm hoping it helps me with pacing. I tend to run too fast, get tired quickly, and want to stop early. This should help keep me on pace. And it's a cool little gadget. I am a big gadget guy.







This in my new driver. Doesn't it look like I can hit really far and straight with it? I hope so. It's last year's model Cleveland Hi Bore XLS. I never buy clubs when they are brand new since they are way too expensive. I had a gift card from last year and one from the company my wife works for as part of the wellness program. I didn't have to use any of my own money. It's like getting it for free. And really, how do you say no to free? You can't.

It's going to be nice tomorrow, so my plan is tolearn how to use the GPS watch tonight and go for a nice run. Unfortunately I have to wait a while to use the golf club. We still have snow here.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted new golf clubs; this is just a start. I need irons as well, but they cost quite a bit more. I'm going to need many more gift cards before I can buy them. So, if anyone has an gift cards for golf stores that you no longer need, send me an e-mail. I can find a good home for them.

No comments: