Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hey M&M's, I'm back!

I gave up M&M's for Lent, though I gave my self a reprieve on my birthday, and now that Lent is over I am free to eat them again. Now, I know that over the last 40-some-odd days the sales department over at the Mars Corporation has wondered what happened to the sales of M&M"s, I'm here to let them know that your numbers will be back to normal soon. I hope I didn't affect bonuses. I'd feel bad about that, but my arteries are happier. My blood no longer comes in a candy shell.

I hope I don't go back to my old ways though. I eat way to many of them. There is something about the combination of the candy shell and the chocolate (with or without peanuts) that is very addicting for me. I proved to myself that I can go for 40 days, but can I keep my consumption down to a healthy level? That remains to be seen. I have to at least finish off the M&M's my wife gave me for Easter. I don't want to hurt her feelings.

2 comments:

Florinda said...

So, how was the first M&M? You may find you're not quite as hooked as you used to be, after 40 days off them...or you may go on a crazy M&M binge.

Mike said...

Florinda: They were just as good as I remember. :) I'm doing OK on quantity so far. We'll see how it goes.