Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm Such a Good Dad

Let me set the scene for you. As you know from the posts below, my son and I have been sick. (We are feeling better, thanks!) So, a few days ago my daughter came down from her nap and sat with us on the couch. She had a runny nose and a little cough, no big deal. She turned to me and asked, "Daddy, I'm not going to throw up?" Our kids are obsessed with throwing up. My son will ask nearly every night before bed. They both were sick a few months ago and they can stop worrying about it.

I turned to my daughter and said, "No, honey. You just have a runny nose and a cough."

"OK"

(10 seconds elapse)

(cough, cough, raaaaaaaalph!)

Daughter throws up all over the place. As I'm grabbing her and running to the bathroom I realize she is never going to believe me again.

Guess what we spent the next two days doing?

"Are you watching me not throw up?" Yeah, my wife and I heard that at least 500 times over the next two days. I told her she wouldn't, but do you really think she's going to believe me now?



No comments: