Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Way behind

I'm way behind in posting this week. The holiday and work messed me up. I haven't done Karen's weekend assignment, and I haven't done Ten on Tuesday. But, to day is Wednesday, I'm going to do my usual random post.

A few days ago I was trying to get on to Technorati, at least I think that is what I was trying to get on to, and en error message came up saying it was 'borked' right now and to come back later. I like that word, bork. It makes me think of the Swedish Chef from the muppets, which reminds me of a good story.

When I went back to college I had to take a physics class, actually I had to take two, but this story is about a certain one. It was one of those large classes with 200 people in it and there was a separate lab day that was cut to about 30. On the first day in lab we got paired up with partners based on where we were sitting. The group of four for the fist day was me, two other guys, and a girl who happened to be from Sweden. She was really nice and was a very good lab partner to have; she was very smart. So, we are all talking a little and asking her about Sweden and one guy is obviously trying to hit on her. What does he ask her? Yep, he asked her what she thought of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. She totally shot him down by saying that she didn't know the chef was supposed to be Swedish since he made no sense. I laughed to myself because I know the guy thought he had a good line. I don't think she ever talked to him again since we were all changed around the next week.

This is for Jenn; she wanted me to post about this. My brother is very handy. He can fix nearly anything, and helps me out quite a bit. He and his wife have a big closet that they were fixing up; organizers, a hardwood floor, crown molding. Yeah, I said crown molding. Yes, in their closet. We all gave him crap for that. They said there is a crack in the wall near the ceiling that they have tried to patch a few times, but it keeps coming back. My response? It's a closet. Who is going to see it? There closet looks nicer than my living room now.

You know what commercials bother me the most? The commercials on the radio where they pretend they are a radio show interviewing someone who is selling something. Sometimes they will pretend it is a radio show and they are doing a live read, when it is really a guy doing a commercial. They do the same thing on TV. I have a guy in mind who does it all the time, but I don't want to name names. He is always in trouble with the FTC because of his shady practices. You know who I mean. The products are usually lame, or their claims are highly suspect. That is why they can't get any real radio personalities to interview them.

That is all for now. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Florinda said...

Let this week's Ten on Tuesday go, and you can get a head start on next week's: "10 Ways the World Has Changed Since You've Been in School." That's one that could be hard to stop at ten...

Technorati is still partly borked, BTW; it hasn't pinged my blog for almost a week. I like that word too.

That kind of commercial bugs the heck out of me too. I don't know who they think they're fooling...

Had any paranoid moments lately :-)?

Mike said...

Florinda: Yikes! It may be hard. I could think of a few right this minute.
I don't know what the deal is with Technorati. It's seemed screwy for a while now, for me at least.
The problem I have with the commercials is that they might be fooling some people. I know my dad was fooled by a TV commercial like that.

DC said...

Great story about your college lab partner! Swedish Chef was the best he could come up with?! Haha.

Mike said...

dc: I know. He would have been better off bringing up ABBA!