Saturday, April 4, 2009

The answer to the April Fool's Day post

Remember how I asked you to guess which was true on April Fool's Day? Well, now you'll get your answer. If you haven't read that post yet, go, do it now. You don't want to ruin the big surprise, do you? I'll wait...











Ready? First I should say that Jenn brought up a good point, I should have stated how many were true. Sorry about that, only one was true. See how much one little word can change the whole meaning of a sentence? Do you want to change your answer now? Do you want to phone a friend, or ask the audience? No? Are you sure?

Number three was true: I was in a movie with Charlie Sheen. Yep. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't starring in the movie or anything, I was an extra in Lucas. I didn't even know who Charlie Sheen was at the time. This was filmed in '84 or '85, so he wasn't a big name then. The star of the movie was Corey Haim. This was before he hooked up with the other Corey. I knew who Corey Haim was, I had seen him in Firstborn a short time before this movie was filmed, but he was the only one I knew.

It was an interesting couple of days. I think I missed two days of school to do it. I'm not sure why my mom let me, or how I talked her into it. I did make about $200 dollars for two days work. That wasn't too bad for a 15 year-old! Well, 25 years ago. Man, I feel a little old now.

Basically my two days consisted of me, and a friend of mine, hanging out in a locker room wearing a towel and a flesh colored Speedo. Except for the moments when we had to leave the locker room because they wanted to do some close-ups of Charlie and Corey. At those times, we had to sit in the gym of Glenbard West while the students at that school tried to peek in the windows to see what we were doing. It was weird, to say the least. Oh yes, you can see me, kind of. You have to watch the original version, not on regular TV, and pay very close attention to the locker room scene where Corey is pinned to a table while the big kids put liquid heat on his crotch. For a split second you can see me in the background cheering the guys on. Sure, I'm blurry, but I know it is me.

I tried to be an extra a couple of other times in high school. Neither worked out, but I still would get calls to the house when I was away at college. It was fun. I think everyone should do it one time to see how boring and monotonous it can be. We yelled out the same phrase many,many times. I want to say we shouted, "Screw Rockford!" I could be wrong. It was 25 years ago. My memory is not so good any more.

Well, I hope that was fun. Have a good weekend.


No comments: