Thursday, October 23, 2008

Natural highlights


Natural highlights
Originally uploaded by Mike F.
The tree in our back yard is slowly going through its color change. I like how the tips of the leaves look like they were dipped in paint. I don't know much about trees, but it seems like the color change should be farther along. We have trees in our front yard that are totally green, while up the street the trees are bare. We must have some kind of special soil on our property. Maybe there are some supernatural forces going on, like on the island in Lost. Maybe it is something as simple as the street light right in front of our house confusing the trees.

Nah, it supernatural. I can feel it in my bones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful trees... I don't care when they fell around our place, I just like seeing what they turn out to be.

Mike said...

VeRonda: Thanks. Yeah, they are nice. The only problem we have is that they fall after the last day they puck up leaves sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Wowo, those leaves look awesome! i haven't seen anything like that around here yet. Or at least haven't noticed.

Mike said...

DC: Do you have many trees that change color out there? I thought it was all palm trees and sun all year long. :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's because I can't see the trees through all the smog. :P