Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tagged: The 5 x 5 meme

Jenn tagged me last night with this one. Here are the rules. You know I'm not really going to follow them, right?

Rules: Each player answers the question themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve answered the questions on your blog.


10 Years Ago (1998):

1. I started my current job at the end of 1998.
2. I had finished my second round of college.
3. My wife and I went out a lot more often since we didn't have children.
4. Because of #4 we tended to sleep really late on the weekends.
5. This was the last year of my twenties.


5 Things on Today's "To Do" List: (We'll look at tomorrow instead).

1. Get up on time to go to work.
2. Run. Either outside or at the gym.
3. Get stamps. I have a few things to mail.
4. Deposit a check.
5. Try to be less lame and come up with better things to do.


5 Things that I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Quit my job and work part time at a golf course in the summer, and a bookstore in the winter. Or move somewhere with no winters.
2. Get my Porsche.
3. Go on a long vacation. Maybe rent out a giant yacht to cruise around the Hawaiian Islands.
4. Buy some lottery tickets. You can never have too much money. Since I'm rich I can buy so many that my odds are better, right? (Yes, I'm kidding).
5. Learn to play polo. Just to fit in.


5 Places I have lived:

1. Mount Prospect, Il
2. DeKalb, Il
3. Schaumburg, Il
Does it count if I lived in two different places in DeKalb and Schaumburg? That would make it five. No, I haven't moved around much.


Jobs I have had:

1. Waiter. A few different places. Most recently (10+ years ago) at an Applebee's resturaunt.
2. Warehouse worker during two different summers. Easily the most physically demanding job I've had.
3. Manager of a Finish Line store. First job out of college (the first time). I didn't start out as the manager obviously, but I eft as one.
4. Sales Conselor at Circuit City. Second job out of college. It was fun at Christmas and the Fourth of July, otherwise it was boring and didn't pay well.
5. Service Adviser in the service department of a Chrysler dealership. It's fun dealing with people who are ticked off that their cars are broken.
(No, I'm not mentioning where I work now. Sorry.)

As you probably expected, I'm not going to tag anyone. Feel free to answer these in the comments or post in your own blog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Alright...I'll do the meme here. :P

10 Years Ago (1998):

1. I was foolishly married way too young.
2. I was making an attempt at college.
3. I went to Vegas a lot!
4. I drove a 1991 Buick Skylark. ( It was my mom's hand me down)
5. I was getting seperated from my husband by the end of the year.


5 Things on Today's "To Do" List:

1. Get to work...ugh, I'm here now.
2. Finish a report on my desk so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow.
3. Drop off some mail at the mailbox outside.
4. Check out my daily blogs. :)
5. Go to the gym after work.

5 Things that I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Buy my mother a house.
2. Buy myself a house.
3. Travel a lot!
4. Get a chauffer (sp?) because I hate driving!
5. Donate to charity.

5 Places I have lived:

1. I've only lived in different cities in California. Never lived in any other state.


Jobs I have had:

1. Merchandise hostess at Disneyland. Which means I worked the stores.
2. Bank Teller at 3 different banks.
3. Administrative assistant for a company that shipped out cheap infomercial crap.
4. Authorization lead for a behavioral health insurance company.
5. Medical Claims Examiner.

There ya' go.

bluegame said...

Mike~
Did you get my coupons for Dockers? Starts Thursday!
10 years ago:
~Spend money wiser earlier in life!
~Get out of retail earlier.
~Make more female friends(Less Male)
~Buy a bigger house but pay less taxes!
~Put more monies to retire earlier in Life.
5 things on todays list
~Go to do all erands before work!
~Go to the DARN gym before work!
~Type a credit report when I get to work!
~Close the store down!
~Before I go to bed don't EAT and do a final Credit Recap!
IF I WAS RICH!
~Get a bigger house on lake with
a Basement finished and A big hot tub outside and get a cleaning lady!Get a handy man hired for all work I need done!
~Go to Hawaii!
~Get my Conv Bmw!
~Buy all my Nieces and Nephews there own car!
~Pay mom whatever she needs not to work aymore!
Lived Mount Prospect,Arlington Heights,Chicago,Round Lake,Col.Springs,Grayslake,Gurnee,
Anyplace else I forfot Mike?

Mike said...

DC: Sounds like 1998 wasn't a great year for you; except for the Vegas trips. Your making me look bad by donating to charity. :) Thanks for playing.

Lori: I got the coupons. Thanks!

Do you remember Colorado Springs? I wasn't sure how old you were. I guess I lived on Chicago at some point. I have no memory of it.