Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Great/Awful Things about Television Today

This should be an easy one for Ten on Tuesday. I hope so at least. It's 3:45am and it's not that easy to concentrate this late at night.

1. Great -- The amount of channels available. Sure, there is nothing good on 78% of them (it's a scientific fact), but I can usually find something I want to watch.

2. Great -- Recording capabilities. Using a TiVo is so much easier than a VCR!

3. Great -- On Demand on Comcast. Yeah, Comcast can be a pain, but I like being able to watch something when I want.

4. Great -- Battelstar Galactica. Yes, I am a geek.

5. Awful -- Celebrity reality TV. How many Z list celebrities do we need on TV? It might be interesting to see a show about how a movie or TV show is put together from start to finish, but I don't care about where they take their dog to get a pedicure.

6. Awful -- Dr. 90210. He is creepy.

7. Awful -- MTV. Period.

8. Great -- Mythbusters. Always a good time!

9. Awful -- Brett Michaels. Yes, he is covered under #5, but the show is so slimy it deserves its own slot.

10. Great -- The Soup. They let you see how bad TV can really be, then make fun of it.

There you have it. What do you thing is good/awful about TV?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't really asnwer this because I don't watch much TV. I don't even have cable. So, I guess it's great I own a TV at all. lol

Florinda said...

I split mine between "great" and "awful" too - funny how some of them are flip sides of each other.

I agree with you on #2, #5, #7, and #8. Don't hate me, but I STILL haven't watched #4, and I probably should watch #10

Mike said...

DC: You really need to start watching TV. Come on, everybody is doing it. :)

Florinda: Yes. You to watch The Soup. I think you will like it.