Sunday, January 13, 2008

Can I get some heat here?

As stated in a previous entry I do not like the cold. Well, I must have ticked off the Big Guy upstairs with that one. Our furnace has gone out. How fun is that? We had to pay overtime charges on Saturday for the HVAC guy to come out and say the furnace is in a bad state. It needs at least two parts, and maybe just a total replacement. Nice, huh? Perfect time too, right after the holidays.

So, I've spent the last two days thinking about that and trying to drown my sorrows in candy. All that did was make my stomach hurt. I'm still cold! Actually it is not too bad in here. I ran out to get some space heaters to help, and occasionally I can coax the furnace to work for a short time. The rooms close to the heaters are running about 67, but rooms further away, like our bedroom, are colder. Time to pull out the flannel pj's!

Tomorrow I'll get the call on the price of the parts and the price of a new furnace and figure out what we are going to do. The furnace is 20 years old, and who knows if those two things are all that is wrong. You can see which way we are leaning.

I'm going to run on the treadmill tonight to warm up. I may have to wear some warm running gear in the laundry room, it is the furthest from the space heater. At least it will be good practice for running in the cold.

No comments: