Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Feet

My wife and I went to Fleet Feet this weekend to buy some new running shoes. She found the shoes she wanted right away, but I had some trouble. The salesperson helping us was nice and patient, and brought out several pair for me to try, but my feet are not easy to please. It seems that my left foot turns in more than my right foot, and my right foot is wider than my right.

The first pair I tried were the Adrenaline GTS 8 from Brooks. The left shoe felt great, but my right foot wasn't happy. Since my right foot was wider, it was hanging over the edge and getting jabbed by the stitching. The same thing happened with 5 other pairs of shoes. I think my left foot was getting ticked off at my right foot, I can't be sure though. Nike, nope, Asics, nope, Saucony, nope, it was frustrating. The salesperson recommended getting the wide version of the Brooks, I didn't know my old pair were 2E, but that store was out. So she called one of the stores in Chicago and they sent it right to my house. Saved me an extra trip.

I was nervous about getting shoes that I never tried on, and even though the box came last night, I waited until this morning to try them. Maybe I thought I'd be less disappointed if the didn't fit after I had some rest. I shouldn't have worried, they felt fine. I ran on the treadmill without any problems. Now both feet are happy.

1 comment:

bluegame said...

HAPPY FEET KEEP ON RUNNING. YOU HAVE THE SHOES. HOW IS MRS HAPPY FEET RUNNING GOING?